Saturday 19 December 2009

Treeman committed to continue vigil

as posted here


Thornlie man, Richard Pennicuick said he is only getting stronger and fitter as his one man protest to save a gum tree outside his house entered its 12th day today.

Speaking to thewest.com.au, Mr Pennicuick, 57, said there was no end in sight to his protest and he will continue camping in the tree until the Gosnells Council gave him a commitment in writing that the tree would be saved.

"I am feeling great. I am doing more exercise here on the tree than I would normally do in the house. I can definitely keep on going but for how long I don't know. But it does look like I am going to be spending Christmas in the tree," he said.
Mr Pennicuick took up residency in the tree two Monday's ago in a last ditch effort save the tree outside his house - just one of the last two of 22 Gum trees that once stood on Hume Road.

He said that his protest was gaining momentum and in the past few days has been visited by scores of people who have shown their support.

"A couple flew all the way in from Sydney to hello and in the last few days I have had visitors from India and South Africa who video taped me. There is a huge groundswell of support," he said.

as posted here

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be moderated before posting, allow some time before they appear if they are accepted ...

Day one ..

the following reply was given ...

Thankyou for your enquiry. Council meetings are conducted under the provisions of the City of Gosnells Standing Orders Local Law 2003, a co...