Wednesday 30 September 2009

Voting Starts ...

My Postal vote package came yesterday, and I have ticked the appropriate boxes, but the curious thing is that only my package came, my wifes does not seem to have arrived yet, I understand that different areas are sent out at different times, but I don't understand why my wife's should not be delivered on the same day, we do live in the same house and we are both on the rates as rate payers, but for some reason her package has not come, has she been denied the right to vote, we shall see ... curious thing about this election it simply requires you to tick the boxes of the 6 candidates that you would like to fill the 6 vacant positions, you must not tick more that 6 boxes, but there seems to be nothing stopping you from ticking less than 6 boxes, so if you felt that only one of the candidates was worthy of the position you could just tick one box, one imagines that the six candidates with the most ticks are elected, as we have reverted back to the first past the post system as opposed to the preferential voting system, I would predict that we will have a less than 30% uptake on the vote this year, I feel that the council could spend a lot more effort promoting these elections ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be moderated before posting, allow some time before they appear if they are accepted ...

Day one ..

the following reply was given ...

Thankyou for your enquiry. Council meetings are conducted under the provisions of the City of Gosnells Standing Orders Local Law 2003, a co...