Tuesday 15 September 2009

Council veteran calls it quits

as posted here

VETERAN Gosnells councillor and former mayor Pat Morris has decided not to contest her seat at the election.

Cr Morris has been a councillor for 23 years and was mayor for two terms from 1989 to 1993 and 1999 to 2007.

“I think I’m the longest-serving mayor the City has ever had and I’ve been absolutely satisfied with everything that has been achieved within my term as the mayor and a councillor,” she said.

Cr Morris praised the working relationship she had with former chief executive Stuart Jardine and the council’s directors during her second term as mayor.

“We achieved some absolutely monumental changes with our executive team of how Gosnells is today,” she said.

“I’ve seen some amazing changes to our city from a tiny community of 5000 people in Thornlie when I moved there 50 years ago to somewhere between 95,000 and 100,000 people today.”

Cr Morris said she would remain active in the community and keep busy with her extended family. She said she would miss daily contact with residents.

“I’ve always been a committed community representative for them and that’s what I’ll miss.”


as posted here

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be moderated before posting, allow some time before they appear if they are accepted ...

Day one ..

the following reply was given ...

Thankyou for your enquiry. Council meetings are conducted under the provisions of the City of Gosnells Standing Orders Local Law 2003, a co...