Wednesday 5 December 2007

an email from a reader ...

Hey there peter,

My names Alison, I’m a current rate paying resident of Gosnells.

I am really interested in your blog as I don’t have the time to go to council meetings and probably wouldn’t have a clue about much that goes on. In some respects the meetings can be too formal for Gosnells people like my husband and I.

I’m really interested in the rezoning of Gosnells, especially sub-precinct I, which we reside in. I suppose we may be waiting a while the way our area is headed.

I have heard many a person say that Gosnells is heading down a bad path, I’m beginning to agree. If development doesn’t quicken soon we will fall behind and less people will tend to come here.

My family grew up in Gosnells, from my Great grandfather starting up Stalker pumps on stalker road, to my mother going to Gosnells primary and my cousins children now going their too. I hoped that my children would be able to go there as well.

My Husband and I have decided against raising children here, within the first month in our first house we had a home invasion. The young man is now in Jail however the crime rate is still high.

Gosnells is closer to the city than Armadale but an older city with not enough development.

I have a million other views on different bits and pieces about Gosnells

I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

Thanks Alison

as received as an email

my reply was

thank you I hope you enjoy reading the blog, and if you would like to contribute some items I am willing to have a look at them and them post them on your behalf, what you say about rezoning is prob true from your point of view, but we must bear in mind that the most valuable land that we all need is that which is zoned for recreational use, something that will be well sort after in the years to come, and if we continue to fill all the spaces in Gosnells with housing development that consist mainly of a house with a fence around it, we are going to feel a real crisis then, I would prefer to see more land left in its natural environment or converted to parks and recreation use, at the moment we are seeing new development everywhere and city resources are being spent on these areas, and old Gosnells areas are in need of a band aid so to speak, and rates are just going to keep going up, feel free express your opinion, but I may well post them on my blog : )

peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be moderated before posting, allow some time before they appear if they are accepted ...

Day one ..

the following reply was given ...

Thankyou for your enquiry. Council meetings are conducted under the provisions of the City of Gosnells Standing Orders Local Law 2003, a co...