Saturday 13 October 2007

from a Candidate running in Bickley

Yes it is sad that many voting packages have not been returned to date the Bickley ward has received 4005 votes, the Canning Vale ward has received 5138 and the Gosnells ward has received 3748.

I am running for election in the Bickley ward and the amount of comments that have been passed on to me by the ratepayers is not very encouraging. Many are totally dismayed at the number of trips that are being taken un-necessarily.

I am happy to listen to any one just call me on 0419 520 190 or email me at s.baraiolo@gmail.com

... this was a comment posted on my post about very view voting packages being returned this election, the reference to the number of trips I believe is referring to the trips that Councilors take to Conferences and such, if you question the council about these they will tell you that the money comes out of the budgeted amount for councilor training and conferences, it is wise to note that many staff attend these events to, and most are essential to build a bigger and better council, again the growth issue .... - Peter Evans

2 comments:

  1. Yes the information may be of use to the COG however what is the use of sending the councilors and or staff to these conferences when they do not yes that right some do not bring reports back until some 6 or 7 weeks after the conference. That is our ratepayers money we deserve a written report.

    What about when the previous CEO went to New Zealand then a few days after his return he leaves to go to the Stirling shire now I ask how did that benefit the COG. One sitting councilor has 2 reports outstanding is in off to another conference in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to make my personal comments for the City of Gosnells, local elections

    1. I would like to say how disgusted I was the acting Mayor on the day could not find it within the budget to at least supply fresh jugs of water and paper cups to the members of the public who came down to watch the voting. Counting started at approx 6:30pm and finished at 10:35pm during this time no refreshments were supplied to the members of the public. At 9 pm I phoned my husband and asked him to bring me some cans of cool drink and offered this to any one at the counting even the mayor of the day.

    2. Several written complaints were sent to the election commission with written documented of proof in regards to a candidate for the Bickley ward Mr Daniel Stevens. This gentleman felt it was necessary to put out a false flyer claiming to have representation and support of him claming to be backed by 2 sitting councilors and a ratepayers association, when in fact this was all FALSE. So one has to wonder how many innocent people supported him on the basis of the flyer?

    3. Congratulations to all the new successful candidates on there 1st time to sit and represent the people of your area.

    4. Commiserations to those sitting councilors who lost there seat.

    5. Last but no way means least a sincere congratulations to my running partner Mrs Liz Griffiths it really went down to the wire with only 22 votes between us, I am so very proud you got in and go get them tiger with lots of best wishes Sandy Baraiolo

    I am happy to listen to any one just call me on 0419 520 190 or email me at s.baraiolo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

comments will be moderated before posting, allow some time before they appear if they are accepted ...

Day one ..

the following reply was given ...

Thankyou for your enquiry. Council meetings are conducted under the provisions of the City of Gosnells Standing Orders Local Law 2003, a co...